STICK CHICK KNITS
Featuring a repeating leaf pattern reminiscent of the laurel that encircled the heads of the first Olympians, Laurus is a delicate one skein shawl. Knit from the center top, the wings of the shawl drape gently over the shoulders, ensuring Laurus won’t slip during your next knitting marathon. Its lacy leaves travel down the spine and create a visually striking border. Wrapped in Laurus, you’ll feel victorious!
This pattern is available as a PDF download only.
• Hazel Knits Entice MCN [70% Merino/20% cashmere/10% nylon;
400 yds (366 m) per 115 g]; color: Fresh Cut; 1 skein (see Pattern Notes)
• US #6 (4.0 mm) straight or 32-inch circular needle; piece is worked
back and forth.
• Stitch markers (2)
Finished Dimensions: Wing Span: 34 inches/68 cm; Depth: 18 inches/45.5 cm
Gauge: 22 sts per 4 inches (10 cm) in stockinette stitch. See Pattern Notes.
• This shawl is worked flat from the neck down. Straight or circular
needles can be used.
• Gauge is not crucial to this design, as it is not a fitted piece, but it will
affect both yarn usage and final dimensions of the shawl.
• This design uses the entire skein of yarn, without a swatch. If you do
work a swatch, then a second skein of yarn should be purchased or
you can unravel and reuse the swatch.
• To make a neat line at the neck a circular cast-on can be used or the
starting tail can be drawn through the cast-on row and cinched tight.