Stitchips Knit In New Directions
stitchips Knit in New Directions is an electronic book delivered in a compact USB drive. Compatible with both Mac & Windows, stitchips are a great way to expand your craft library.
Available online only. Local customers can choose the Store Pickup option when placing their order online.
Myra Woods introduces the pure fun of knitting with strips and modules, creative short rows, crazy quilt pieces, and free form shapes. This template-based approach frees you to become involved in the creative process. Because this is not a math-dependent approach, your focus can be on yarn, color, and stitch. From a simple bag to a full-blown sweater—as you fill in your template, fit just happens.
• Make your own life-size template using gridded Pellon and a permanent marker. then check the fit.
• The template approach makes it easy to combine sizes, say a small back and medium front for a fuller bust. Or add flare to the side panels for wider hips.
• Now all you need to do is cover the template with knitting.Whether you follow one of Wood's patterns (good basic recipes that encourage experimentation or take off on your own, the piece will work.
• You can choose a stitch for the whole piece or break it into sections. Mix and match techniques, stitches, and colors. Pick up stitches and truly knit in any direction.
Wood shares essential tips and tools:
• A table of pick-up rates and ratios that make it easy to combine fabrics that may not have the same gauge.
• Step-by-step finishing instructions for all your little bags—tote, pouch, envelope, or paper bag style—complete with various ways to stabilize the knitting.
• Multi-gauge sleeve instructions so short and long sleeves can be added to any template with no math.
The digital content on stitchips are Rich PDFs that are optimized to work with both Mac and Windows based products, providing you with high-res text and images that will print with crispness. Charts and images will easily enlarge for your comfort. Rich PDFs provide internal and external linking. Click on a link in the Table of Contents and you’ll be taken right to that section. Links to websites are also provided where appropriate. Bookmarks and search functions will help you navigate your stitchips quickly and easily.
For best results, we recommend using Acrobat Reader (a free application from Adobe™) as a desktop application for viewing and printing. Acrobat Reader 6 or higher is required to take advantage of all the features listed above. This PDF can be transferred to your tablet with all of the same functionality when you use one of many apps (like iBooks in the iOS).