Sweater Pieces Assembly Workshop
Do you have sweater sleeves, backs, and fronts that you put aside to seam "later?" Is there a growing collection of sweater parts in the back of a closet you've never gotten to? Bring all those loose sweater parts to this workshop and finally put them together! In three meetings, you'll learn how to take care of those shoulders and front/neck bands, put in sleeves (raglan, set-in, drop, and saddle), and address the side and underarm seams. You'll finally be able to wear, or give, your labors of love while making room for new ones. THIS IS NOT A KNITTING CLASS. We will be sewing seams and doing finish work on existing pieces. Small amounts of knitting may be needed for adjustments or button/neck bands. ***Please do NOT bring in any pieces that have been visited by moths, since this is not a repair class, and to prevent compromising other peoples' knitting.
Pre-requisite: Knitting II or equivalent
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Beth Altimari
Date: Wednesday, 8/14, 8/21, 8/28
- Your sweater pattern for your project
- Your sweater pieces to be sewn
- Knitting needles you used on your project in case adjustments are needed
- Your Knitting and Crochet tool kit including yarn or tapestry needles you like to use
- Locking ring stitch markers or coilless safety pins, or other markers that open and close.
- Any left-over yarn from your project. If you have none left, you may use a plied yarn in a similar gauge and color to your project yarn. We will NOT use tails for seaming.
- Something to take notes with.
- This is close-up fine work. You may want a magnifier or "readers" to help you see the small stitching more easily
- Bring your completed swatches (see homework) to the first class
- Knit 5 swatches in scrap yarn, 20 stitches each, in stockinette stitch for 4 inches tall. Bind off all swatches.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.