The Weaver's Inkle Pattern Directory
From expert weaver Anne Dixon comes The Weaver’s Inkle Pattern Directory –the ultimate resource for inkle weavers. Inkle weaving is a simple technique that offers ample opportunity for experimentation by beginners and experienced weavers. This book provides 400 patterns for loom enthusiasts and is the most comprehensive tool available to inkle weavers.
- An overview of inkle weaving’s history and traditions.
- Instructions for loom set-up and simple techniques.
- An astonishing 400 woven patterns—some making their first debut.
- Illustrated samples that gratify the most popular inkle weaving trend.
- Charts provided throughout the entire guide.
Also included is a foreword by Madelyn van der Hoogt, the editor of Handwoven magazine and the author of The Complete Book of Drafting and The Weaver’s Companion (Interweave).
An incomparable guide, Anne Dixon offers all of the tips, tricks, and techniques to these traditional and modern patterns and introduces a bounty of new, innovative designs. Inkles can be used for a variety of projects ranging from belts and braces to trims and neckpieces. They can be stitched together to make bags, cell-phone cases, cushion-covers, table-mats, and much more. Spiral bound with hard cover; 175 pages; Interweave Press.