Top-Down Raglan Sweater From Measurements*
This class is currently full. To be placed on the waiting list, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9327. Note: a credit card is required to be placed on waitlist. Please do not use PayPal for classes that are marked as full.
Imagine: no more dependence on patterns, no more endless purling, no more poor fit, and no more sewing seams! The top-down raglan pullover you knit will be your own design and made to your measurements. There is no pattern, only a formula into which you'll plug your numbers. This style of sweater is not only fun to make, and very comfortable, but it will also reflect your unique style. This sweater must be made for the person knitting it, and the knitter must have a real sense of adventure.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Prerequisite: Knitting II, or equivalent
Instructor: Erin Holman
Date: Wednesdays, 3/8, 3/22, 4/5, 4/19; 2017
- Knitting from the Top by Barbara Walker (15% discount when purchased for this class)
- A sweater's worth of worsted-weight yarn (suggestions: Valley Yarns Berkshire, Amherst, Northampton, Colrain). See store staff if you need help with yardage estimation.
- Circular (16" and 32") and double-pointed needles in size to get gauge you would like to use for this project
- Your knitting tool kit
- Read pages 9-50 of Knitting From the Top
- Knit and block a 6” x 6” stockinette swatch both flat and in the round, changing needle size until you obtain the gauge you would like to use for this project.
- Please measure and record your swatch's gauge before and after you block it!
- If you don't know how to swatch in the round, click on this link to see a tutorial
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.