Top-Down Raglan Sweater From Measurements*
This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
*This class fulfills the Top-Down Raglan Sweater From Measurements Requirement for WEKP.
Imagine: no more dependence on patterns, no more endless purling, no more poor fit, and no more sewing seams! The top-down raglan pullover you knit will be your own design and made to your measurements. There is no pattern, only a formula into which you'll plug your numbers. This style of sweater is not only fun to make, and very comfortable, but it will also reflect your unique style. This sweater must be made for the person knitting it, and the knitter must have a real sense of adventure. *Required Text: Knitting from The Top by Barbara Walker (15% discount).
Prerequisite: Knitting II or
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Erin Holman
Date: Mondays, 1/27, 2/10, 3/2, 3/23
- Knitting from the Top by Barbara Walker (15% discount)
- A sweater's worth of worsted-weight yarn (suggestions: Valley Yarns Berkshire, Valley Yarns Amherst, Valley Yarns Northampton, Cascade Yarns 220). See store staff if you need help with yardage estimation.
- Circular (16" and 32") and double-pointed needles in size to get gauge you would like to use for this project
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- Read pages 9-50 of Knitting From the Top
- Knit and block a 6 " x 6 " stockinette swatch both flat and in the round, changing needle size until you obtain the gauge you would like to use for this project. Please measure and record your swatch's gauge before and after blocking.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.