Variable Dent Rigid Heddle Weaving
In this class, students will explore how to create different setts in the same fabric using 5, 8, 10, and 12 dents on a variable dent reed. We will also learn what materials are best suited for each different sett. Class time will include warping the rigid heddle loom to weave a luxury scarf to give as a summer gift or wear over your shoulders to combat over-air-conditioned rooms.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Prerequisite: Introduction to Rigid Heddle Flip Loom Weaving; must be able to put a warp on your loom independently.
Instructor: Paula Veleta
Date: Tuesday and Wednesday, 6/20, 6/21; 2017
- Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Sport (2 skeins) OR Cascade Yarn 220 Superwash Sport (4 skeins)
- Malabrigo Rasta (1 skein)
- Plymouth Eros II (1 skein)
- Noro Silk Garden Lite (1 skein)
- Measuring tape
- Warping pegs
- Warping clamps or a loom stand
- Variable Dent Reed
- Tapestry needle
- 3 stick shuttles
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.