Weekend Weaving, section 1
This is Section One. See Section Two HERE. Choose only one section.
This lively and intensive course is designed as an introduction to the basic techniques of weaving: winding a warp, dressing the loom and weaving a finished piece. Also included will be an exploration of the basic woven structures – plain weave and twills in their many variations, designing and drafting a project and calculating yarn requirements. You will also learn about looms and equipment, yarns, and finishing techniques. Looms are provided. This is a great experience for beginners as well as weavers who would like a refresher.
Skill Level: Beginner
Instructor: Wendy Bestor
Date: Saturday and Sunday, 9/28, 9/29, 10/5, 10/6
- Two 2-inch diameter notebook rings (available at stationary stores)
- Five grocery bags … the brown paper kind, with the bottoms cut out, or a roll of brown Kraft wrapping paper
- Paper or cloth measuring tape
- 3 ring binder (for 8½ x 11 paper)
- Graph paper (6 or 8 squares to the inch, downloadable from the internet)
- Pencils with erasers
- A pair of long heavy duty shoelaces (used are fine)
- 6 rubber bands
- Long straight pins with a large round head
- Large tapestry needle
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer
Service with that person's name and information.