- Knitting & Crochet
- Weaving & Spinning
- Books, Patterns & Kits
Classes & Events
Purling Through the Back Loop (ptbl, p2togtbl)
Learn how to purl through the back loop (ptbl) and purl two together through the back loop (p2togtbl)
How to Knit a Bobble Stitch
Learn how to knit a bobble stitch with WEBS Education Manager Tina McElmoyl. Bobbles can be made in almost any stitch background. For this example, bobbles are made in a field of stockinette stitches. Bobbles are created on the right side row.
- Knit to where you would like the bobble to be.
- Bring the yarn over your needle to the front, creating a yarn over.
- Knit the next stitch but do not drop the stitch off the needle.
- Yarn over again, bringing the yarn between the tips of your needles, and knit into this same stitch again. Repeat this for a third time: yarn over, knit the same stitch. You've now created 6 stitches from that one for your bobble.
- Next, turn your work around and you are going to work those same 6 stitches. Holding your yarn to the front of your work, slip the first stitch to the right needle.
- Purl the next 5 stitches. Turn your work so that your right side is facing you again.
- With yarn held to the back, slip the first stitch, without knitting it, knit the next 5 stitches.
- Turn again, and purl 2 together three times.
- Turn to the right side once more and slip one stitch, knit 2 together, then pass the slipped stitch over that stitch and give it a good tug.
- Finish knitting your row, adding bobbles where you like.
- You secure the bobble on the next row. On the next row, purl as you would normally until you get to the stitch that contains the bobble. On this stitch, purl the stitch through the back loop to tighten up the stitch.
If bobble stitches look fun to you, check out some of these knitting pattern that include bobbles!
How to Knit a Popcorn Stitch
Learn how to knit the popcorn stitch with WEBS education manager Tina McElmoyl.
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!