Ashford Kiwi 3
The Ashford Kiwi 3 incorporates everything you love about the Kiwi 2 and now can adjust to 3 different single drive ratios and comes with a wooden threading hook. Like the Kiwi 2, Kiwi 3 is an excellent beginner spinning wheel due to its easy learning ratios, double treadle, and affordable price. The double treadle and ball bearings allow for easy treadling and “hands-free” start. Treadles are hinged to allow a comfortable heel-toe action. The stretchy drive cord does not require any adjustment as you change from one ratio to another and always maintains the correct tension. The scotch tension allows easy control of the drafting process. The central flyer is convenient for right and left-handed spinners. The wheel is easy and quick to assemble with the Allen key supplied and the robust construction makes this an ideal wheel for individuals, schools, and clubs. The wheel itself is made of MDF, a high-density durable wood product that can be painted or decorated.
- Robust construction quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
- Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
- Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
- 3-speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
- Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides
- Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
- Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
- Timber veneered MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
Dimensions: 17½" wide, 28¾" tall, 19¾" deep, 11" wide at base; 12lbs
Included accessories: Built-in lazy kate, 3 large 90mm (3½") bobbins, Threading hook,
Free shipping within the continental United States on floor looms, Leclerc table looms, and spinning wheels. Note: free shipping does not apply to international or expedited orders.