Click on the frequently asked questions below to see the answers. If you don't see your question listed, please contact our Customer Service department for help.
Ordering & Shipping
When will my order ship?Our current processing time is 3–4 business days before an order is packed and shipped from WEBS. We do our best to ship within this timeframe, but please feel free to call if you need faster shipping options. We will email a shipping notification once your order ships with any available tracking information. See our Shipping Information page for more details about our shipping process.
How can I get expedited shipping for my order?If you need a faster shipping option than our normal processing time of 2 business days, we provide Next Day Air, Second Day Air, and Three Day Air through UPS within the Continental U.S. You can select one of these options during checkout for an additional cost.
Expedited orders placed before 1pm ET will be shipped same day. Expedited orders placed after 1pm ET will be shipped the following business day. UPS does not ship on Saturday and Sunday, so orders placed close to the weekend will only be shipped on business days. For example, an order placed on Friday using Next Day Air will be delivered on Monday.
If you have a drop-dead date for which you need to receive an order, please contact Customer Service for the most accurate advice on how to ensure that your will receive your order in time.
How do I redeem a WEBS Gift Card?To redeem your Gift Card online, simply put the gift card number in the Gift Card Number field when checking out. If you are using multiple cards, put the authorization number from the back of the cards and the gift card values in the Special Instructions box on the Payment & Review page during checkout, and we will apply the balance to your order. Physical WEBS Gift Cards can also be used in the store or on the phone.
What are my payment options?We accept all major credit cards—Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. For checks or money orders, please mail them with a list of what you would like to purchase including quantities and prices, and remember to include shipping costs, which can be calculated using our shipping charts. Note that money orders and check orders are held two weeks for bank clearance.
We also accept PayPal for online orders. We cannot accept PayPal for phone orders though.
- PayPal overrides any Shipping Address that a customer enters on our Addresses page during Checkout that is different from what PayPal has on file.
- The name on the PayPal account is the name that is used for the order when it comes into our system. If you have a question about a PayPal order placed, please tell Customer Service what the PayPal account name is if different than the name of the person placing the order.
- We are unable to take more funds from PayPal than what is authorized at the time that the order is placed. If a customer wants to add to an order, we have to take a credit card for the whole order (original and additions) and then we refund the PayPal transaction.
- If an order includes a coned yarn where the weight varies, we may contact the customer and send a PayPal invoice with the additional amount due.
- If using a Gift Card AND PayPal for an order, the gift card must be applied to the order before the customer goes out to PayPal to authorize a payment. If the customer needs to use more than one gift card, please contact customer service at 1-800-367-9327 to place the order.
Are you all also Valley Fibers? Because my credit card/PayPal statement shows a charge to Valley FibersYes, we are Valley Fibers Corporation, and the charge on your credit card or PayPal statement may say Valley Fibers Corporation instead of WEBS.
Can I pickup my online order in the Northampton retail store?Yes! Here are a few guidelines to be aware of if you’re choosing the Store Pickup option:
- We now offer Curbside Pickup at WEBS - America’s Yarn Store in Northampton, MA. Orders picked up at WEBS are usually available within 2 business days.
- Please allow 24–36 hours from the time you place the order to be completed and ready for pickup. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be processed on Monday. When your order is processed and ready to pick up, you will receive a confirmation email.
- If you call to make a change to your order, it may delay when your order is ready for pickup.
- As with all orders placed online, your order will be charged when it is filled. A complete invoice will accompany your purchase.
- Occasionally we will be unable to fill your order with a single dye lot. We will contact you if we have a mixed lot and inform you of the options for completing your order.
- If an item is backordered, we will pick and charge what we have in stock and contact you when the backordered items arrive. If the item is sold out, we will pick the rest of the order and contact you for substitutions.
- If you want to do more shopping when you come in to pickup your order, we will add any discounts to your in-store purchase that may apply.
- Please note: The City of Northampton has banned the distribution of single use plastic shopping bags. Please bring your own bag to pick up your order, or you can purchase a WEBS reusable shopping bag for your purchase. Effective June 1, 2020 we have lovely new paper bags for larger purchases and we will go back to using our inventory of small plastic bags as well. For the time being, WEBS will continue the ban on reusable bags to help ensure the safety of our customers and our team. Please refrain from bringing a reusable bag of any kind for the time being.
Am I notified when you receive my order?When you place an order through the website, you should receive an email confirming the order. If you did not receive a confirmation email, you can contact Customer Service to verify that we received your order. Phone orders and orders placed in our retail store do not generate confirmation emails or shipping notifications.
Can I add an item to an order already placed?We are able to change an order before it starts processing. To change your order, contact Customer Service with your order number and the change you would like to make.
How to cancel an order?If you need to cancel your order before it ships, contact Customer Service.
How do I check my order status if I checked out as a guest?You can check the status of your order by contacting Customer Service.
How to track my package?You can track your package by clicking the link in your shipping notification or by logging into your account, clicking on Order History, and then clicking the Track Package link.
How do I find out if my order has been shipped?If you placed your order on the website, you will receive an email with your package's tracking number when your order has been shipped. You can also log into your account and click on Order History to see if your order has shipped. Note: Please allow 24-48 hours for tracking information to update with the carrier. If you placed your order on the phone or in our retail store, contact Customer Service for your order status.
Why can’t I find my order listed under Recent Orders or in my Order History?In order to view an order under your Order History, you must be logged into your account when you start the checkout process. Phone orders do not appear in your online Order History. If you have questions about an order placed over the phone or when you weren’t logged into your account, contact customer service and they can help you.
Shopping & Products
What does it mean if an item is backordered?If an item shows 0 in stock or you want more than we have in stock, you are able to add the quantity you wish to purchase to your shopping bag. We will backorder this item for you and send it when it is back in stock. We don't charge for backorders until they ship, and most backorders take an average of 2–3 weeks to be back in stock. We will keep your backorder in our system for as long as it takes to receive more stock, unless you choose to cancel it. Read more about backordered products here.
Will my yarn order come from the same dye lot?We try to fill all yarn orders with a uniform dye lot. If we don't have the quantity you ordered in a single dye lot, we will contact you to see what you would like to do. If it is a regularly stocked yarn, we can usually backorder the yarn and fill your order when new stock arrives so that the quantity you ordered can be filled from one dye lot. If the yarn is a closeout, or is dyed in small batches, this isn't always possible.
How do I request a specific dye lot of yarn?You can place an order with a specific dye lot request in one of 2 ways: either place an order for the yarn through the website and listing the dye lot in the Special Instructions text box on the Payment & Review page during checkout; or call Customer Service and place an order with one of our representatives. If we have your dye lot in stock it will usually ship in 2–3 business days. If we do not, we will contact you.
If the website shows that there are 20 in stock of an item, will they all be available in the store?Not necessarily. The inventory levels shown on our website reflect our total inventory between our Easthampton Warehouse and our Northampton Store. If you would like to guarantee the product is available for you in the store, either order through our website and select Curbside Pickup during checkout, or contact our Customer Service department for assistance.
Can I get coned yarn wound off in the store?We no longer offer wind-off service in our retail location. If you need coned yarn wound off, place an order online and choose the Curbside Pickup shipping option. Include the wind-off quantity in the Special Instructions box—minimum wind off is a 1/2 pound. Please allow 24–36 hours from the time you place the order for it to be completed and ready for pickup. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be processed on Monday. When your order is processed and ready to pick up, you will receive a confirmation phone call or email. Find more information about Curbside Pickup.
Can you wind my yarn for me?Unfortunately we don't currently offer a yarn winding service. If you don't have your own ball winder and swift, watch our video on How to Wind a Center Pull Ball by Hand.
What is your Return Policy?Please see our Return Policy page here.
How do I return yarn?You can send back any unused yarn in its original condition by making a copy of your invoice, putting a note on the copy whether you'd like a return or a refund, and sending the yarn and copy to:
6 Industrial Parkway
Easthamtpon, MA 01027
We will process your return as soon as we receive it and notify you that it's been processed. You can read the rest of our return policy here.
Why can't I download or print the PDF pattern I purchased?Prior to purchasing any digital pattern, you must first sign into your account or create an account. Either of these can be done through our Log In page. If you are still having difficulty accessing your digital pattern, contact Customer Service for help.
How do I download my PDF pattern?You can access digital patterns you’ve purchased through your Pattern Library, which you can find on the My Account page. There is no expiration time for downloading digital patterns.
Can I add patterns to my Ravelry account?Unfortunately patterns purchased through WEBS cannot be linked to your Ravelry account.
How do I get the pattern for the kit I purchased?Most of our kits include PDF pattern downloads. You can download the pattern from your Pattern Library, which you can access from My Account, and then click the Download button. There is no expiration time for downloading digital patterns.
I'm locked out of my account. Help!You can get a link to reset your password on the Forgot Password page. Simply enter the email address associated with your account, and we will send you a link to reset your password. If you do not receive the link or you are still having trouble getting into your account, contact Customer Service.
Why can't I get a password, I've applied twiceYou can create an account on the Log In or Create an Account page, accessible by clicking the Welcome, Sign In next to the search box at the top of any page on the computer, by entering your email address and selecting a password under Create an Account.
On mobile, click the person icon in the top menu (next to the Shopping Bag) and enter your email address and a password under Create an Account.
If you get a message that there is already an account with your email address, you can get a link to reset your password on the Forgot Password page. Simply enter the email address associated with your account, and we will send you a link to reset your password.
How to log out of my account?On a computer, you can log out of your account by mousing over the My Account next to the search box at the top of any page, and then clicking Log Out.
On mobile, click the button with the three lines in the top left corner to open the menu, scroll all the way down to the bottom, and click Log Out.
Discounts & Promo Codes
What are the WEBS discounts?When you shop at WEBS, you can save up to 25% on your favorite yarns by taking advantage of our discount program! The program is simple:
When you spend $60 on discountable items, you save 20% on those items.
When you spend $120 on discountable items, you save 25% on those items.
What is a discountable item? Any yarn at full retail price qualifies as discountable. Patterns, books, magazines, needles, notions, hooks, and other accessories are not discountable. Sale yarns and yarns marked with a "Closeout" tag are also not discountable. Still not sure whether an item qualifies for the discount? Look for the WEBS discountable tag on the product page!