We are seeking experienced knitters, crocheters, weavers and spinners with a strong retail background to fill a several part-time position (24 hours per week) in our retail store. WEBS is a demanding, fast-paced, and friendly environment with a knowledgeable staff known for its excellent customer service.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Strong knitting skills; knowledge of crochet, weaving, spinning is desired.
- Exceptional retail sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to interpret knitting and crochet patterns to assist our customers with appropriate yarn selections.
- Knowledge of various fiber qualities and ability to recommend suitable yarn substitutions when necessary.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Ease in working with a computer-based POS system.
- Strong background in the fiber arts.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, stand, squat, reach, bend, sit, climb, lean and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work Saturdays and Thursday evenings.
- Access to reliable transportation (WEBS is open during most New England weather conditions).
WEBS is open Monday through Wednesday and Friday from 10–6, Thursday from 10–8, and Saturday from 10–5:30. We offer competitive wages, Simple 401K retirement plan, and 6 paid holidays per year.
Please note that this is not a seasonal position!
To apply, please email your resume, in addition to 3 relevant professional references, to: Stephanie Gibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, September 23, 2016. Resumes may also be dropped off in person at WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060.
Webs Customer Service Department is Hiring!
We have an opening for a full time customer service rep. Work days are Monday through Friday, 9:30am—5:30pm with alternating Saturdays. Our customer service team answers phone calls and knitting questions, takes orders, assists customers with yarn gauge requirements for their patterns and handles general customer service inquiries.
Job requirements and duties include but are not limited to:
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to read and understand knitting patterns and to assist customers with their knitting questions over the phone
- General knowledge of the fiber arts
- Strong background in customer service
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Pleasant phone voice and demeanor
- Desire to work as part of a team
Email resume to: email@example.com
or snail mail to:
6 Industrial Parkway
Easthampton Ma 01027
Attn: Linda Burt
Please email your resume to the head of the department you wish to apply for. Or you may mail to WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060 attention to the department head specified below.