WEBS America's Yarn Store is growing again! We are looking for experienced knitters, with experience in crochet, weaving and spinning, with a strong retail background work part-time (20 hours per week) in our retail store. WEBS is a demanding, fast-paced, and friendly environment with a knowledgeable staff known for its excellent customer service.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- exceptional retail sales and customer service skills
- ability to interpret knitting and crochet patterns to assist our customers with appropriate yarn selections
- knowledge of various fiber qualities and ability to recommend suitable yarn substitutions when necessary
- basic computer and math skills
- ease in working with a computer-based POS system
- strong background in the fiber arts
- ability to lift 25 pounds, stand, squat, reach, bend, sit, climb, lean and stand for long periods of time
- ability to work Saturdays and Thursday evenings
- access to reliable transportation (WEBS is open during most New England weather conditions).
- attend WEBS staff meetings, when scheduled.
WEBS is open Monday -Friday 10 - 6:00, Saturday 10 - 5:30, and Thursdays until 8. We offer competitive wages, Simple 401K retirement plan, and 6 paid holidays per year.
To apply, please email your resume, in addition to 3 relevant professional references, to: Bonnie Lemme (email@example.com) by Friday, April 12, 2019. Resumes may also be dropped off in person at WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060.
Part-Time Sales Associate at String
We are looking for an accomplished knitter with retail sales experience at the String retail store in New York City.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist customers on sales floor
- Assist in checking customers out on POS
- Restocking yarns, visual merchandising in store
- Teach basic/intermediate/advanced knitting lessons as applicable
- Assist store Owner, Manager, and other store personnel with daily operations.
This is a dynamic part-time position that requires attention to detail, the ability to multitask and assist a vibrant team while making sure the customer experience is exceptional in a fast-paced environment. This position is 3–4 days per week, ideally one of those days including Saturday. If that is not possible, must work at least 2 Saturdays per month, and there will be a day off during the week when a Saturday is scheduled. This position requires a forward-thinking, can-do attitude no matter what the situation. Great knitting experience required. Retail experience with point of sale systems is helpful.
If you're interested in a position at WEBS that is not currently open, we are always accepting applications and resumes to keep on file. When a position opens, we will call qualified candidates to schedule interviews.
Please email your resume to the head of the department you wish to apply for. Or you may mail to WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060 attention to the department head specified below.
- Retail Store - contact Elizabeth Zych: firstname.lastname@example.org or Bonnie Lemme: email@example.com
- Shipping - contact Richard Irvine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service - contact Linda Burt: email@example.com