Cocoknits Prairie Boots
Comfy and cozy Prairie Boots will get you through the coldest of winters. Turn them down for ankle length or leave them up to keep your shins warm. You don’t need to seam – just add funky buttons and they are ready to wear. Warning: it is so fun to watch them take shape on your needles that you may become addicted. But that’s okay, they make great gifts!
Skills Needed: Knit, purl, dec, knitting in the round on two circ needles.
Sizes: Women’s Shoe Sizes
* small (5-6.5)
* medium (7-8.5)
* large (9-10.5)
* x-large (11-12.5)
Finished length (approx): 8.75 (9.25, 9.75, 10.25)"
* Boots will stretch somewhat.
* Keep in mind that you can adjust the length of the sole by needle size; a #8 needle will yield a shorter sole.
* If you are using worsted weight doubled for the sole, it is important to check gauge and adjust needle size to get the correct sole length.
Yarn: Lamb’s Pride Bulky (85% wool, 15% mohair, 113g, 125 yards): 2 (2, 3, 3) skeins mc, 1 skein cc (for sole of boot).
* #9 straight or circ to knit sole.
* Two sets of #10 circ, any length
Notions: 12 buttons (6 each of two types, between 1–1¼" diameter). Needle and thread to sew them on. Suede soles or dots of puff paint to avoid slippery soles.
For sole: With #9 needles and garter st, 16 sts and 32 rows in 4" square.
For boot upper: With #10 needles and garter st, 12 sts and 26 rows in 4" square
Recommendations for You
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Understand
Comments about COCOKNITS Prairie Boots:
This is a great pattern, the only thing that would make it better would be if it was available as a PDF download instead of having to wait for it to come in the mail.