Beginning Weaving One-Week Intensive
This five-day class covers the same information and project work that is taught in our 6-week beginner class. You will learn the basic techniques of weaving: winding a warp, dressing the loom and weaving at least two projects. Also included will be an exploration of the basic woven structures, plain weave and twills, in their many variations. You will also learn about designing and drafting a project, calculating yarn requirements, looms and equipment, yarns, and finishing techniques. You will leave this class with the ability to design a project, warp a loom, weave on your own and know where help is readily available. Be prepared to hit the ground running in this fast-paced, fun class! WEBS will provide looms to rent for this class.
Skill Level: Beginner
Instructor: Scott Norris
Date: Monday through Friday, 7/24, 7/25, 7/26, 7/27, 7/28; 2017
- Two 2-inch diameter notebook rings (available at stationary stores)
- Five brown, paper grocery bags with the bottoms cut out, or a roll of brown
- Wrapping paper
- Tape measure
- Pencils with erasers
- A pair of long, heavy duty shoelaces (used are fine)
- 6 rubber bands
- Large tapestry needle
- Approx. $40.00 of materials will be purchased with instructor's guidance during class
- Loom Rental: $100—This can be applied toward the purchase of a loom.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call customer service with that person's name and information.