Sample, Sample, Sample on a Rigid Heddle Loom
This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
Bring your loom to class and learn how to weave a six-inch square sample right on your lap! Avoid costly and time-consuming mistakes by making sure that your chosen yarn really does work before you start your next project. It never looks like you think it will! We will explore a "Hounds Tooth" pattern, some new threading techniques, and hemstitching for both right- and left-handed weavers. The finished sample can be used as a coaster or hot mat. You must be able to thread your loom on your own to take this class.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Rigid Heddle Weaving and/or the
ability to warp your loom on your own and have woven 1–2 projects aside from
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Marthe Young
Date: Sunday, 4/5/2020
- Undressed rigid heddle loom of any size with a 10-dent reed
- Warping peg
- Sleying hook
- Several yards of DK weight scrap yarn for weaving a header
- Tapestry needle
- Two balls of highly contrasting solid color DK weight yarn (Recommended: Valley Yarns Southwick)
- Sharp scissors
- One paper grocery bag with bottom cut out OR craft paper
- Tape measure
- Two shuttles
- Note-taking materials and/or a camera
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.