Flatiron Spinning Wheel
Sit down and feel the majesty of the rock-solid Flatiron Spinning Wheel from Schacht. The elegant design of the formed maple, apple-ply body calls upon the same drama that makes the Flatirons so striking. This unique Saxony style wheel is anything but traditional. The Flatiron, with its ingenious, compact packaging can be shipped anywhere with ease! With nearly all the tools necessary for assembly in the box, you can set this wheel up in just a few hours.
The superb Flatiron spinning wheel is customizable; you can build it to your preference, with either the flyer on the left or the right. With self-aligning bearings in the maidens, and a fully adjustable drive wheel, the whole system is sure to spin true. The clever quick release lever makes changing out bobbins trouble free.
The Flatiron can be set up in all three tensioning systems combined with Schacht's thoughtfully designed fine threaded tension control. All of their current whorls can be used with the Flatiron, allowing you to spin the yarns of your dreams—from frog’s-hair fine to art yarn.
Details on the Flatiron:
- Double treadle
- Spinning modes: Scotch, double drive, bobbin-lead
- Spinning ratios: 4.6:1 to 26:1
- Weight: 15 pounds
- Drive wheel: 22 1/2”
- Orifice height: 26”
- Dimensions: 33” wide x 33” tall x 18” deep
- Comes with 3 bobbins, medium and fast whorls, cotton and poly drive bands, threading hook. Note: does not come with a lazy kate
- Special features: Can be assembled with the flyer on the right or the flyer on the left.
Scroll down to see the informative video on the Flatiron Wheel from Schacht!