Sewing For Weavers
Learn what to do with "weft-over" handwoven fabric and how to weave fabric for a 3-dimensional project such as a garment, hat, or purse. During class, students will make a lined drawstring project bag. There will be a lecture/demo on how to calculate yardage, utilize a pattern, and sew shaped pieces. Sewn samples will be on display for a question/answer portion of the class. Handouts will be available.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Marthe Young
Date: Sunday, 7/30/2017
- Light or mid-weight hand woven fabric, at least 3/4 yard by 12" wide by 3/4 yard long, washed and pressed
- Matching size piece of cotton fabric, washed and pressed
- 2 yards of smooth cording, such as rat tail cording
- Large safety pin
- Small very sharp scissors and/or seam ripper
- If possible, bring a portable sewing machine in good working condition. NOTE: Please let Customer Service know if you do NOT have a machine, as the instructor will have several on hand if necessary
- Optional: camera and/or note-taking materials.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call customer service with that person's name and information.