The Art & Craft of Spinning Yarn
Summer 2019 Issue
Spinning can take us on epic adventures across continents or help us explore our own backyards. The Summer 2019 issue of Spin Off, our annual travel issue, is all about our fiber journeys. Take a closer look at spinners in Tibet with Amanda Hannaford. Amy Manko shares how Leicester Longwool sheep became reestablished in the United States. Learn how to blend fiber to create Donegal–style tweed yarns with Melissa Weaver Dunning. Plus, enjoy three handspun projects to knit, weave, and nålbind.
Articles in this issue include:
- Safe Travels with Turkish Spindles: Tricks to Try Today
- Woolly Wanderlust: Explore the World Fleece by Fleece!
- Blend & Spin Irish-Style Tweeds
- Fall for Flax Tom Knisely's Way
- Meet the World's Cutest Sheep!