A Cornucopia of Cast Ons and a Bevy of Bind Offs*
This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
*This class fulfills the Cast On, Bind Off Requirement for WEKP.
Do you always use the same cast-ons and bind-offs for everything you knit? Here at WEBS, we insist that everyone know the long-tail cast-on and the traditional bind-off, but there is a world of other methods out there which can make your knitted items look very professional indeed: tubular cast-on and bind-off, knitted cast-on, cable cast-on, picot cast-on and bind-off, chained cast-on, provisional cast-on, knit 2 together bind-off, purl 2 together bind-off, I-cord bind-off, yarn-over bind-off, just to name a few. If you'd like to add more style to your knitting, come join us for this class. **Required Text: Cast On, Bind Off by Leslie Ann Bestor.
know Long Tail Cast On and Traditional Bind Off
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Beth Altimari
Date: Tuesdays, 12/3, 12/10
- About 175 yards of good quality yarn (worsted or DK weight) with plain, smooth texture in a light color, rolled into 7 25-yard balls. Please do not use inexpensive yarn that splits--you will need to see your stitches and not be frustrated by a yarn that splits. Suggested yarns: Valley Yarns Northampton or Valley Yarns Valley Superwash.
- A small amount (a yard or two) of a similar yarn in a different color
- A few yards of mercerized cotton. This is to be used as stitch holders and to make provisional cast-ons
- Needles in a size recommended by the ball band. Double pointed needles are recommended but not required.
- Tapestry needle
- Crochet hook in the same or similar size to the needles you are using
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- Required Text: Cast On, Bind Off by Leslie Ann Bestor (15% discount)
- Using Long Tail Cast On, cast on 20 sts and work in stockinette for 4”. Bind off in traditional bind off. Block swatch and bring to class.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.