Asa Tricosa's Ziggurat Workshop
This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
How do you start from one shoulder and wind your way down to the hem in one single piece of knitting, possibly while striping and with absolutely minimal cutting and joining of skeins? And also achieving symmetry? And no finishing left to do when you’re done? Ziggurat design! In this unique and exclusive class with designer Åsa Tricosa, students will learn the basic steps that make the Ziggurat sweater timeless, beautiful, and efficient. On Day 1, students will go over German short rows, how and where to pick up stitches to create a beautiful faux seam shoulder cap, a special crochet cast on for a perfect neckline, directional increases and where to place them. On Day 2, the class will go over the variants of the basic Ziggurat (pullover, cardigan, or sleeveless) and how to choose the correct size, then cast on and knit a Ziggurat sweater with individual assistance along each step of the way. Asa will teach her favorite built-in button band and buttonhole, as well as talk about the various iterations of cuff/hem/collar treatments, and of course, the pocket! Students will receive a Ravelry download code for the sweater pattern of their choice. (NOTE: This class includes a 1-hour lunch break.) Recommended Text: Asa Tricosa's Ziggurats.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Åsa Tricosa
Date: Saturday and Sunday, 1/25, 1/26
- Yarn: Any weight from fingering to worsted weight will work. You'll need 2 colors if you'd like to knit in the contrasting hem and sleeve cuffs. More information on yarn amounts will be offered before the class begins.
- Needles: At least 32-inch circular needles in the size that produces your desired gauge in the round.
- All students will receive a Ravelry download for the Ziggurat sweater of their choice
- Please bring your lunch
- Recommended Text: Ziggurats by Asa Tricosa
- Knit and block one or two swatches in your chosen yarn, and bring to class.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer
Service with that person's name and information.