Bead Your Knitting: The Faberge Cowl or Neckwarmer
This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
Inspired by the enameled and jeweled eggs made by Peter Carl Fabergé, the Faberge Cowl from Nina Machlin Dayton captures the beauty and intensity of Imperial Russia. The pattern uses slightly larger “E” or “5/0” size glass seed beads, making it a perfect first beaded project for someone wanting to try beaded knitting while remaining challenging enough for more experienced knitters to enjoy making. Faberge Cowl is knit in the round from the bottom up, and the Faberge Neckwarmer is knit flat.
II, or equivalent
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Nina Machlin Dayton
Date: Saturdays, 2/1, 2/8
- Faberge Cowl or Faberge Neckwarmer pattern (15% discount)
- 200 yards worsted weight yarn
- US size 7 circular needles, either 16" or 24" cable, depending on whether you are making a cowl or a neckwarmer
- Crochet hook small enough to fit into your beads
- 250 (neckwarmer) or 360 (cowl) size 5/0 or "E" seed beads. A good online source is caravanbeads.com
- For the neckwarmer: 3 buttons, 3/4 to 1 inch wide
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.