Introduction to Brioche Knitting
This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
Are you ready to move beyond basic knit and purl patterns? Would you like to add a new set of skills to your arsenal? Are you curious about brioche stitch, which produces a lofty and soft fabric with lots of "give"? In this four-session class, we will learn the basics of one- and two-color brioche stitch. Sessions one and two will introduce students to one-color brioche stitch, two color brioche stitch worked flat, how to fix mistakes and some of the simple increases and decreases used to create cables. Students will learn how to work two-color brioche stitch worked in the round and explore syncopation to create a cowl in sessions three and four. If you are comfortable with knit and purl stitch, knitting on circular needles, and would love to add texture to your knits, this is the class for you. * Required text: Knitting Fresh Brioche: Creating Two-Color Twists & Turns by Nancy Marchant (15% discount)
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Cyndi Shepard
Date: Tuesdays, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 11/26
- 50-75 yards worsted weight wool yarn in two contrasting colors and US size 7 needles, straight and circular for swatching
- Cowl requires approximately 300 yards fingering-weight or DK weight wool or wool-blend yarn for the main color and 300 yards for the contrast color (such as Valley Yarns Huntington or Valley Yarns Northfield)
- US size 2 24” circular needle for fingering weight cowl or US size 4 24” circular needle for DK weight cowl
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- Required text: Knitting Fresh Brioche: Creating Two-Color Twists & Turns by Nancy Marchant (15% discount)
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.