Schacht Sidekick Spinning Wheel
The Schacht Sidekick is designed to fold easily, yet be a solid spinner. Here are some of the Sidekick’s features:
- Folds to 21 1/2" h x 8 1/4" w x 15" d.
- Integrated storage of bobbins, flyer, and whorls for transport.
- Lightweight at 13 pounds.
- 13 3/4" drive wheel allows for ratios from 4.25 to 15.25.
- Long, comfortable treadles.
- Uses the same bobbins, whorls, and flyer as the Schacht Matchless and Ladybug wheels.
- 25" orifice height for comfortable spinning.
- Employs Scotch tension with precise control knob.
- The drive wheel spins on ball bearings. The flyer turns on self-aligning bearings.
- Drive band tension adjuster allows for all whorls to be used with one drive band.
- The Sidekick comes with 3 bobbins, 2 whorls, threading hook, and adjustable carrying strap.
Free shipping within the continental United States on floor looms, Leclerc table looms, and spinning wheels. Note: free shipping does not apply to international or expedited orders
Recommendations for You
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Can Withstand Use
- Easy To Repair
- Easy To Use
- Difficult To Long Draft
Comments about Lightweight at 13 pounds. Sidekick Spinning Wheel:
I bought this wheel from a different store, but it highly recommend it to anyone making the transition to wheel spinning. It is a smooth wheel to spin with. It also has the added benefit of folding up for travel. My wheel has been all over the country with me and has never taken more than 5 minutes to assemble or fold up. Everything folds inside of the wheel except some of the small accessories you will need for spinning, otherwise you don't take anything off of it except the flyer and bobbin for travel.
The customer service at schacht is amazing as well. They are quick to respond and very helpful. When I needed a new scotch tensioner they pointed me in the direction of my closest in state dealer as well as a list of online dealers. If I could give them more stars I would!
- Was this a gift?: