Warp Winding Workshop
Been away from weaving for a bit and need a refresher to get you going again? Need some motivation to get going on the next project? Then join us for this hands-on workshop! Each student will wind a 3-yard warp for a project of their choice (400 ends or less). The class will focus on winding for even tension, creating the cross, how to track thread counts, and where to place choke ties to tame the warp when it comes off the warping board. Threading with 2 ends at once will also be discussed. Please note: Participants will choose from a few selected WEBS drafts (please see the materials list for details). Instructor permission may be given to students to use another draft of their choosing. Contact Customer Service for more details.
Prerequisite: Students must already know how to weave on a multi-harness loom.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Wendy Bestor
Date: Wednesday, 7/22/2020
- Participants will choose from one of the following selected WEBS drafts:
- #57 Blue and White Striped Dishtowels
- #33 4-shaft Twill Towels
- #72 Advancing 5-end Twill Scarf
- Please bring a photocopy of your draft so that you can write on it. If you would like to discuss bringing a draft other than those listed above, please contact the instructor at email@example.com.
- Appropriate yarn for your warp – be sure to purchase in advance of class
- Paper and pencil
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.