This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
Have you ever noticed a mistake in your knitting and thought ripping it out was your only option to fix it? In this workshop you will learn techniques to use instead of undoing all of your work. We will solve common problems such as dropped stitches, extra stitches, mistakes in lace and mixed up color work. We will practice all the techniques so that you can use them in your own knitting.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Annie Foley
Date: Sunday, 11/17/2019
- At least 100 yards of a light, worsted weight yarn that is smooth, not fuzzy
- Tapestry needle
- Crochet hook any size between E – G
- Needles used to make swatches below at gauge of 4.5 stitches to the inch, usually sizes 5, 6 or 7
- Smaller size needle, double pointed or circular, any size from 0-3
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- Prior to class, use light colored, worsted weight wool yarn (smooth, not fuzzy!), and needles that will give you a gauge of approximately 4.5 sts = 1”, to knit two swatches following the instructions below.
Swatch #1: Stockinette Swatch
Cast on 30 stitches.
Knit 3 ridges of garter stitch.
Row 1: knit.
Row 2: knit 4, purl 22, knit 4.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 5.5 inches.
Place stitches on a holder or scrap yarn.
Do not bind off.
Swatch #2 Gull Lace swatch from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac
Cast on 29 stitches.
Knit 3 ridges in garter stitch.
Keep the first 4 and last 4 stitches in garter stitch by always knitting them.
On the center 21 work Gull lace as follows:
Row 1: knit 1, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 1, yarn over, slip one slip one knit 2 together (ssk), knit 1. Repeat across.
Row 2: purl.
Row 3: knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 3, yarn over, ssk. Repeat across.
Row 4: purl.
Repeat rows 1-4 a total of 4 times.
Place stitches on a holder.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer
Service with that person's name and information.