*This class fulfills the Stitches: Textures Requirement for WEKP.
Have you ever admired a sweater with Aran or Gansey patterning? Maybe you've always wanted to learn how to craft knits and purls into a cunningly shaped garment. These beautiful designs are created with textural techniques that look complicated but are easy to learn. In this four-workshop class, you will learn chart-making, as well as many knit and purl stitch patterns, cables, bobbles, and twisted-stitch designs. Required text: Learn-to-Knit Afghan by Barbara Walker.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Erin Holman
Date: Tuesdays, 1/14, 2/11, 3/10, 4/14
- Learn-to-Knit Afghan by Barbara Walker (required text, 15% discount)
- Several skeins of smooth, light-colored, worsted weight yarn. If you have any suitable yarn in your stash, by all means use it. You will be making 12 large swatches so, to be safe, plan on about 90 yards for each swatch.
- Straight or circular needles in a size that gives a gauge you like for your chosen yarn.
- Knitter's Pride Pattern Holder or highlighter tape (optional)
- Cable needle
- A pencil
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- The squares knit in this class could be a great start for a blanket, so you may want to think about that when choosing your yarn; however, this class will not go over joining squares.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.