This class is currently full. To be placed on the waiting list, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9327.
Have you completed Knitting I? Are you a self-taught knitter who wants to fine-tune your knitting skills so you can move on to more advanced techniques and projects? Are you returning to knitting after a hiatus of a year or more? If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, then Knitting II is for you. In this class we will briefly review the basics of knit and purl, cast-on and bind-off, and quickly concentrate on knitting in the round on both circular and double-pointed needles. Students will learn to shape fabric with increases and decreases, and gauge, as always, takes center stage.
*This class fulfills the Knitting II requirement for WEKP
Prerequisite: Knitting I, or equivalent
Instructor: Cyndi Shepard
Section Two Dates: Tuesdays, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/13; 2016
- Students will be making a cowl that requires 440 yards of a worsted weight yarn that gets a gauge of 5 sts/inch, a pair of fingerless mitts that require 110 yards of a worsted weight yarn that gets a gauge of 5 sts/inch, and a hat that requires 250 yards of a worsted weight yarn that gets a gauge of 5 sts/inch, 110 yards of a worsted weight yarn that gets a gauge of 5 sts/inch, and a hat that requires 250 yards of a worsted weight yarn that gets a gauge of 5 sts/inch.
- Needles: US size 7 needles or size to get your gauge of 5 sts/inch in both 16"" and 24"" circulars
- US size 7 double pointed needles or size to get your gauge of 5 sts/inch
- Stitch markers
- Susan Bates Knit-Chek
- Tapestry or yarn needle
- Your Knitter's Tool Kit
- We suggest Valley Yarns Northampton or Superwash, or Cascade 220 for all projects to avoid buying many different yarns.
- The Knitter's Companion by Vicki Square (required text, 15% discount when purchased for this class)
- Knit a 6-inch square in stockinette stitch with your cowl yarn to ensure you get the proper gauge.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please put the name of the other person in the Special Instruction box that’s located on the shipping page.