Seaming a garment can often seem like the hardest part of the project. This seaming workshop will give you the knowledge to empower you, once and for all, to conquer any seaming finish! Horizontal to horizontal, vertical to vertical, and horizontal to vertical seaming will be explained, as will garter stitch grafting, seaming reverse stockinette, 3-needle bind-off, whipstitch, and kitchener stitch. Let your knitted projects shine with invisible seams and flawless finishing!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Beth Altimari
Date: Thursdays, 3/19, 3/26, 4/2
- About 250-300 yards of a worsted-weight yarn, medium to light color. It should be smooth, not fluffy.
- Needles: Sizes US 7 or 8. You may use straight or circular needles.
- Locking stitch marker or coilless safety pins
- Tapestry or yarn needle
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- Please use the same size needles for each week's swatches.
- For 1st class: Make SEVEN garter stitch swatches, all 18 stitches wide and 4 inches tall. Please mark the cast-on edge of each swatch. Please keep 2 of the swatches live on holders after to working to a height of 4 inches.
- For 2nd class: Make SEVEN stockinette stitch swatches, all 18 stitches wide and 4 inches tall. Please mark the cast-on edge of each swatch. Please leave 2 swatches live on holders after knitting to a height of 4 inches.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer
Service with that person's name and information.