Tasselated Cloche Hat
Learn how to make a 2-color turned hem, a tassel with a twisted rope, and a crocheted provisional cast-on by knitting the Tassellated cloche hat pattern. We will also discuss ways to alter a pattern to get a more personalized fit. We will be going over 2 different provisional cast on as well as how to knit into the cast on edge to avoid the need for a provisional cast on for bottom hems.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Nina Machlin Dayton
Date: Wednesdays, 11/6, 11/13/, 11/20
- Tassellated Cloche Hat Pattern
- 120 (130, 145, 155, 165) yards MC and 30 yards CC aran weight yarn. To fit head sizes 18.5 20, 21, 22.5 and 24 inches.
- US 7 (4.5 mm) 16" circular needles
- US 7 (4.5 mm) double pointed needles
- Several yards of extra aran weight yarn and a size H (or similar size) crochet hook for the provisional cast on
- 6 stitch markers, one different to mark beginning/end of round
- Tapestry needle
- Piece of cardboard that is 6" long
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- Using extra worsted weight yarn (not the yarn for the hat or the extra yarn mentioned in the materials for the provisional cast on) and appropriate size needles cast on 25 sts. leaving a long (several yarn) tail for later use. Then work as follows:
- Rows 1, 3, 5 (RS): knit
- Row 2, 4, 6 (WS): purl
- Row 7 (RS): purl
- Rows 8, 10, 12 (WS): purl
- Rows 9, 11, 13 (RS): knit
- Do not cut yarn, and bring to class with swatch still on needles.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer
Service with that person's name and information.