STICK CHICK KNITS
Inspired by the carlina thistle, which is thought to bring good luck to the Basque people of Spain, this eye-catching sock features a graphic thistle-like lace panel. Surrounded by 3x2 ribbing that ensures a good fit, the lace is approachable for beginners, yet still interesting for more experienced knitters. Carlina’s striking good looks make it one pattern you’ll want to knit again and again.
This pattern is available as a PDf download only.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
• Hazel Knits Artisan Sock Yarn [90% Merino/10% Nylon;
400 yds (366 m) per 129 g]; colors: Jam Session (pg 1), Hoppy Blonde (pg 2);
approximately 375 yd (343 m) for size L
• 1 set of US #2 (2.75 mm) needles (see Pattern Notes)
• Stitch markers (2)
Sizes: S [M] or M [L] (see Pattern Notes)
Circ.: 7  in/18  cm or 8  in/20  cm; Length: 8.5 in (21.5 cm)
Gauge: 36 or 32 sts per 4 in (10 cm) in stockinette stitch (see Pattern Notes). Adjust needle size as needed to obtain gauge.
• Sizing is determined by cast-on numbers and gauge. To make size S, use the
first numbers and the 36-st gauge. To make size M, use either the first
numbers and the 32-st gauge or the second numbers and the 36-st gauge. To
make size L, use the second numbers and the 32-st gauge.
• These socks are knit in the round; any needle option (dpn, two circular or
Magic Loop) can be used with this pattern.
• Pattern is shown in size M made with the 32-st gauge.